The voice of cosmetic SMEs
COSMED's mission is to defend and promote the interests of its members.
COSMED represents SMEs
- At theFrench National Agency for the Safety of Medicines and Health Products (ANSM).
Permanent member of the Cosmetics Interface Committee and associated working groups (ansm.sante.fr).
- At the European Commission.
Since 2007, UEAPME has mandated Cosmed to represent European cosmetics SMEs. Cosmed acts directly within the working groups of the European Commission (Plenary Commission, Cosmetovigilance WG, notification, borderline products, claims, etc.).
In addition, COSMED maintains a regular dialogue with Cosmetic Europe.
- At the AFNOR.
Members of the WGs related to cosmetics and room fragrances, microbiology, sun products, etc.
In the framework of this representation mission, COSMED has put in place a Regulatory, Scientific and Technical Commission and internal Working Groups. They have the task of providing comments and formulating recommendations. In line with the procedure, only members can participate to the internal Commission and Working Groups.
The provision of professional services for the development of SMEs
- European and international regulatory database with a unique monitoring system
- The issuance of Free Sale Certificate (FSC)
- The issuance of good manufacturing practices certification for export (outside Europe) according to European Regulation (EC)1223/2009
- Professional training courses
- The organisation of events and professional congresses
- A purchasing group
- Collective regional actions